Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review: "Spirits of Christmas" by Nicky Wells

Nicky Wells puts a rock and roll spin on the holiday classic A Christmas Carol with her holiday novella Spirits of Christmas. Lead singer of once-popular band The Blood Roses, Jude, has hit rock bottom. He and his band mates were booed off the stage of a lousy pub, his girlfriend has left him without even leaving a note, and it is certain that The Blood Roses will never play again. Jude is sure that the fault lies with everyone but himself. His band mates aren't up to par, and his girlfriend has been nothing but mopey lately. He figures that he's better off without all of them anyways.

That night Jude is visited by three spirits and he is given a brand-new perspective on his life and why things appear to be going downhill. Will he have a change of heart? Will he be able to salvage his personal relationships before its too late?

Spirits of Christmas is a delightful twist on the Christmas classic A Christmas Carol! Nicky Wells has created a cast of characters that are easy to root for, and the novella is unique and entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I think that it will make a great addition to anyone's holiday reading list! My thanks to the author for providing me with a review copy!

About Nicky Wells: Romance that Rocks Your World! 

Hi! I’m Nicky Wells, your ultimate rock chick author. My books offer glitzy, glamorous contemporary romance with a rock theme ~ imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity ~ rock, pop, movie or other ~ you’ll connect with my heroes and my leading ladies!

 Like my first leading lady, Sophie, I love listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When I’m not writing, I’m a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor to The Midweek Drive show on Lincoln’s Siren 107.3 FM. Rock on!



 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring the Spirits today, Jonita, I'm so happy that you enjoyed this novella and that it got you into a Christmassy mood. Wishing you and your readers all the very best for a rocking fabulous festive season! XX

    ReplyDelete